Lionel Vuidard joined the Paris office of Linklaters in March 2014 as a Partner and head of the French Employment practice. Lionel Vuidard is recognised as one of the best employment lawyers in the French Employment market. He is known as a proactive attorney providing clients with hands-on, pragmatic advice and strong representation in litigation matters. Lionel Vuidard was ranked as “excellent” in the last annual ranking published by Décideurs Juridiques, the French leading legal review, and as a “4-Star lawyer” in the last Option Finance ranking.
Lionel Vuidard has broad expertise in advising French and multinational companies in connection with:
- Restructuring, outsourcing, subcontracting and business transfers
- Downsizing, collective layoffs, voluntary departure plans
- Negotiations with trade unions and works councils, collective agreements and industrial relations
- Implementation of compliance programmes, business codes of ethics and whistleblowing policies
- Management of criminal risks and implementation of delegations of authority
- Employment-related investigation, employee privacy and data protection issues
- Management of health and safety risks in the workplace, including psycho-social risks, discrimination and harassment
- Relocation, geographic mobility, expatriation and secondments
- Compensation and benefits
- Optimisation of working time and harmonisation of collective status
- Hiring employees, management of performance, and termination issues
- Labour aspects of domestic or cross-border transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions, IPOs and conversions into European Company
In litigation matters, Lionel Vuidard represents companies before courts regarding sensitive employment disputes, such as high-profile individual cases, collective litigation, labour-related criminal litigation, and mass actions. Lionel Vuidard also has a strong experience in dispute resolution and the negotiation of settlement agreements.
Lionel Vuidard was admitted to the Paris Bar. He graduated from Paris Sorbonne University (Postgraduate Law Degree in Employment law), Edinburgh University and Sciences Po Paris (the leading French postgraduate institution in social sciences).
Lionel lectures regularly on Labour & Employment law at Paris Universities. He has also been a featured speaker at various seminars both in France and in the U.S.