We have been at the forefront of analysing the impact of Brexit on EU and UK legislation and regulation and the financial services industry.
The post-Brexit implementation of MiFID II in the UK will be a complicated network of primary and secondary legislation, regulatory rules and guidance and industry standards.
We are working with clients in the UK, EU and internationally on what the Brexit consequences are for them in relation to MiFID II compliance, including the complex interaction between the post-Brexit EU27 and UK MiFID requirements.
Our following Insights summarise the key points to note on Brexit and MiFID II.
- Preparing the UK MiFID regime for Brexit (MiFID SI)
- Temporary UK permissions for EEA firms
- How the temporary permissions regime will work
- Proposed changes to the FCA Handbook and EU technical standards
- Report on the Investment Firms Review, including analysis of the changes to the MiFIR third country equivalence regime
The following two publications are only accessible via our Knowledge Portal. If you are a Linklaters client, log in or subscribe to our Knowledge Portal to access these in full.
- Proposed changes to the Handbook and Binding Technical Standards – second consultation
- UK Regulators Finalise Brexit Rules and Approach